A recent hot topic is the TV drama Descendants of the Sun. The leading male character has to fly to the front line whenever needed. The image of him, coming long from fog and smoke with backlighting against the backdrop propellers, is certainly appealing. Angel in white, battlefield hero, and the beautiful Uruk – the show seems to have filled the spring air with dopamine and hormone.
Anything that’s related to flying can fire one’s imagination. Let me get on a tour with you to visit ten cities that have close bonds with flying and to learn about major air shows around the globe.
There are 60 to 70 types of private jets in the world, with prices ranging from 2 million to 100 million US dollars. The best way to know about private jets is to attend jet shows, where you can examine various jet models with your own eyes and learn about latest developments in the field. Of course, if you have enough money, you can even purchase a private jet at the show with the guidance of professional personnel!
Here is the guide to major air shows around the globe throughout the year.
01. Singapore Air Show, held in February, is an international aviation exhibition organized by Asia Aerospace Exhibition Company and managed by Reed Exhibitions. It’s a biennial event staged at Changi Exhibition Center. It is one of the top three air shows in the world and Asia’s largest aerospace and defense event. Singapore, which ranks first among the 10 top tourism cities in the world, deserves your visiting , you will enjoy the show as well as your tour.
02. European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (EBACE), held in May at Geneva, Switzerland, is jointly organized by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) of the US and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). It is among the most important business aviation shows in Europe and globally. The show is held in the most beautiful country in the world. After the show you can rent a boat on Lake Geneva and enjoy the astonishing view.
03. The Paris Air Show, established in 1909 and organized by the French Aerospace Industries Association, is the world's largest, most famous and calendar-oldest international aerospace exhibition. It is held every odd year in June at Le Bourget Airport in northeast Paris. Paris is the all the romance the world needs. Go visit the show and see the intricate miniature jet models.
04. Farnborough International Airshow, organized by the Society of British Aerospace Companies, was held for the first time in 1948 in Farnborough, a small town in southwest London. The show takes place every two years in mid-July and is the second largest aerospace exhibition in the world, following only the Paris Air Show.
05. The Latin American Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (LABACE), jointly organized by the National Business Aviation Association of the US and Latin American Business Aviation Association, takes place in August every year at Sao Paulo, Brazil.
06. China International Business Aviation Show (CIBAS), held in September, is the oldest and most professional aviation show in China. The show started in 1984 and has now been staged 15 times. Deer Jet has been invited to the show every year.
07. The Dubai Airshow, regarded as the most influential air show in the Middle East, is a biennial event held in November in Dubai. Started in 1987, it is organized by Dubai exhibition companies in collaboration with the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Dubai Airports and the UAE Armed Forces. It is the only air show devoted solely to business aviation in the world and only invited persons are allowed to attend. The show features flying displays by national air forces.
08. The NBAA Annual Convention is organized by the National Business Aviation Association of the US. held each November in US, it is the largest business aerospace exhibition and the biggest civil air show in the world. Usually Las Vegas, Orlando and Atlanta are among the hosting cities.
09. The Middle East Business Aviation (MEBA), held in December, is the most important business aviation event in the Middle East. The show is often held in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Emirates Airline and Etihad Airways will participate and administrative charter jets from Qatar and private airlines from Saudi Arabia will also be there. Isn’t the picture like a Hollywood movie poster?
You must be wondering: it seems that something big is going to happen in April.
I’m not going to let you wait:
It’s the Asian Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition in Shanghai!
And Deer Jet will put up its first 2016 show there!
The Asian Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (ABACE) is jointly organized by the National Business Aviation Association of the US and Asian Business Aviation Association. It is the only show in Asia that features latest models of aircraft and aviation equipment, top jet financing and almost all the authoritative experts in the field.
Time: April 12th to 14th
Venue: HongQiao International Airport, Shanghai
Deer jet looks forward to seeing you at the exhibition in April!